Sunday, August 1, 2010

We had another busy week at the shop.  Our card was a flying butterfly using pennies.  Several new ladies joined our card classes and survived.  You know those ladies can get pretty crazy.

 The 'One Hour Layout' was fun.  I don't normally scrapbook myself but I love scrapbooking my family.   Since I am the oldest my brothers and sister get to be my subjects or their kids and grandkids. Frank is next in line, then CJ and Geneva is the baby as she loves to tell everyone.  When CJ and Geneva were little we called the Heckle & Jekyll, because they were always into things together.  But as they grew older I think Cj pulled rank and then Geneva did not like being the baby.

Friday was full of beautiful beads.  Many beautiful bracelets were made.  Hopefully Beth will do more classes for us.  We are looking at doing a bead class once a month.  If you re interested please contact the shop with your ideas.

Of course Prissy was her usual nosey self.  Mandy left her purse on the floor and you know what happened next.  I hear this rattling and went to check.  Sure enough there was Prissy having a ball tossing and playing with a package of almonds.  Prissy may be hard of hearing and have trouble seeing but her nose is unbelievable.  She can sniff out the smallest thing in a purse or the trash cans around the shop.

Saturday was play day.  Lots of playing going on.  Some beautiful Fall/Halloween cards.  Some were stitched and some were made using the new postage stamp design.  Of course there was a Christmas card in the mix with snowflakes and lots of stickles.  Then we saw several Spirelli cards made.  And through out the store you could hear the sounds of a baby playing.  Yep, the shop is truly a home away from home.

So what's in store for next week?  You never know what will happen around the shop.  So see you there and have a wonderful Sunday.

3 comments:

merriberri said...

So sorry I missed the butterfly card. I saw the ladybugs and thought they were really cute. Our construction started this morning and we are well on our way to a new bathroom and remodeled dining room. I am missing our Tuesday card making class but this project is bigger than imagined and growing by the minute. Got to go --- hello to all!

Lisa Ayers said...

That does sound like an ideal day Gail. I love listening to the stories of your family. It's awesome that one day someone will have something tactile to hold and see while experiencing the family story.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post, it was the best one you have ever sent. Keep them coming and letting us know what is going on at Scrappy Paper's and how people are coming and having fun. Glenda

Blog Archive