Friday, August 13, 2010


You all hear me talk about Pokey so I thought I would share a photo of Pokey.  Here is Joshua and Frank getting him ready for a little ride.  As Joshua said this morning 'He is a big Horse'.  But he is a gentle horse.  The kids love to ride him as Frank holds the lead.  I had to go into the pasture to dump his feed last night.  He was so ready for it he wanted to reach over me and get it out of my bucket.   So I had to nudge his neck with my arm until I could get his bucket up from the ground.

Yesterday my day ended kinda crazy.  I was locking up and could not find my keys. I have a spare set of car keys in my purse but not shop keys.  I looked in all the usual hiding places. But no keys.  I called Geneva to see if she had seen them.  Couldn't get her so I locked up and then it hit me.  How am I gonna get in tomorrow?  I decided to drive to Geneva's and get her keys.  All the way there hoping she was gonna be there.  I pulled up and all the kids were at her house.  So no wonder she didn't get my call.  I knocked on the door and out bursts Joshua giving me the biggest hug.  Now that was worth the trip forget about the keys.  And then I got to get some sugar from baby Tate.  There was Emily showing off her missing tooth.   And Carter was actually acting a little more like himself.  Geneva knew right where the keys were, thank goodness.  So off to the shop Prissy and I went to really lock-up and get home without worrying how I was gonna open up Friday morning.

Tonight is Crop Night so there will be some craziness going on tonight.  I think the main idea for coming to crop tonight is to save their spot for  Cuttlebug Club.  It sounds like we will hae a full hose tomorrow.  I better stock up on some chocolate or something.

See you at the shop.


2 comments:

Glenda said...

So glad to be able to put a face to Pokey now, it is sad that no one rides him.

Lisa Ayers said...

Oh, Pokey is beautiful. As Glenda said we now have a face to conjure up when you are talking about him.
What a story concerning the keys. I think that was supposed to happen so you could see all the kids. Sisters are the best.

Blog Archive