Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Yesterday the Sunshine Stampers did some wonderful cards.  Great ideas for male cards.  There was several techniques displayed.  One involved measuring and folding and you know how you guys are about those kinda cards.  So you probaably won't be seeing that card in our card class.  But today we did a measuring and folding card and the Tuesday morning class did great.  So my confidence is high that you all can do some measuring and folding. It is that you like to pick and choose your projects. 

Just spoke to Glenda and she was waiting on James to come back from one of his tests.  She is hoping he will get to come home from the hospital today.

I walked out to feed Pokey this morning and there on our fence is a cute little sweet pea looking vine. Now every morning I'll be looking for a bloom but the vine is very small so I'm sure it won't bloom that often.  But anticipating a bloom is better than anticipating Pokey's feed bucket being on the ground or too far to reach from inside the fence.  If the bucket is down I have started walking through the pasture instead of going back to the house for the broom.  Yeah I used to pick up the bucket with the broom.  But you had to hold your tounge just right and fit the broom just under the bucket hooks before lifting with the broom handle.  I'm sure I looked the sight manuvering the bucket while Pokey patiently waited.  If I have to walk in the pasture he follows me down the fence line and waits for me to open the gate.  Then he follows me back down the fence line until I dump the feed into the bucket. Who says a horse doesn't have manners.  He could be trying to eat out of my bucket of feed while I am walking the fence line.  But he is spoiled like Prissy.  When I step out to walk Prissy in the morning( you know I watch her because of the hawks flying the neighborhood) Pokey will be at the fence line calling me to bring the food.  He will start pacing the fence line until I drop the feed.  If I am too slow he will call me again.  He fusses at me like Prissy does.  When she wants something she starts that little dance you all have seen her do it at the shop.  Sometimes she gets very vocal, especially with Glenda.  Because Glenda brings her cooked chicken and gives her a little each time she comes in the shop.  Oh well we love these little and big guys fussy or not.

Wednesday is play day.  Come in and bring a project to play with and I will probably be playing with this weeks layout.  Friday night is crop night 5-11 p.m.  Saturday is Cuttlebug Club 10-4.  The following Saturday the 21st is Card Blitz.

Prissy is sleeping all curled up in her bed and I have the East bank of lights off trying to stay cool.  I'm trying to decide if I want to work on my paperwork for my accountant or start my scrapbook page.  You know which way I am leaning. 

I guess I better close up and decide which fast food I am gonna have for lunch.

See you at the shop.

1 comment:

Lisa Ayers said...

What a lovely post Gail! I hope Pokey doesn't eat your vine!
Def work on the scrapbook page.

Blog Archive