Sunday, August 8, 2010

Boy howdy what an electrical storm we had yesterday.  And naturally my fuel gauge said low fuel mileage.  So as I left the shop I whipped up to Wally world  to gas up trying to hurry up and get in the car away from that lightening.  I go to swipe my gift card so I can save those few pennies.  The card is bent.  And after several swipes with that tiny screen (no glasses) says it can't read the card.  So off  I dash to the little window to see if she can read the card.  Still trying to dodge that lightening.  After she is able to run the card I dash (as much as I can dash) back to the car and begin pumping.  Normally I think the pump goes too fast and rolls that $$$$ too fast but yesterday it seemed to be crawling.  Finally it hits the magic number and I hang the pump up and hop in the car.  I felt like that old adage of waiting for the pot to boil.   I guess I better get better about watch the fuel gauge.  My Dad always made sure his tank never fell below the 1/4 mark.  And I hear all the time about trash being in the bottom of the tank.  Yeah I know all these things, but they are not always on the forefront of my thoughts.  You know we all get into a routine.  Sometimes that is not good because we miss things.  It maybe telling someone you care about them.  Or you find yourself going back to make sure you turned off the coffee, locked the door, or pushed the button on the garage door.  Yes, I have done all of those things.  I have been halfway home and turned around and gone back to the shop to check the front door.   It is about 11 miles to my house from the shop.  So that is not a quick trip.  So stop that routine and slow down and enjoy.

Yesterday we had our play day at the shop.  My goodness I don't know what I'm gonna do when Belinda puts us on this new diet. Glenda and Teddi both cooked up some goodies.  Teddi made Jane's crock pot peanut clusters.  Glenda made another batch of her no bake brownies.  They taste like rocky road fudge. We allready had homemade peach butter with cream cheese and bagels that Sandie had made. How can you be on a diet when all that goodness is floating around the shop. 

We are going to have another beading class on August 27th.  Beth will show us how to make a matching necklace for those bracelets we made last month.  Stay tuned for more info.

This week at the shop we have card classes and our One Hour Layout.  Plus this week is Cuttlebug Club on Saturday and Crop Night on Friday.  Then  there is our Wednesday play day.  There is some discussion about making things during some of the club and play days to send to the Life Enrichment Center.  So come enjoy making things for others to enjoy. 

The grass is getting dry so it is about time to crank that lawnmower.  I hear there are some new blades.  So lookout grass here I come!!!!!!

See you at the shop.

4 comments:

Glenda said...

Loved your post again today as I have enjoyed them all week. I have posted comment 2 times but they have not shown up so I am giving it another shot. Love it when you tell us about your day and what the Scrappy Friends are doing. Also appreciate letting us know what is coming up way ahead of time, keep reminding us often because you know some of us are getting older and we forget and we will try and remind you to get your gas before the light comes on. Have a great day, see you next week. Glenda

Teddi said...

I have the same rule about not letting the tank get more than 1/4 empty..............it is a good rule so you do not get into a stressful situation. You do realize we are ALL going to be asking about your fuel level now! It was a good story and enjoyed the post. How did those new blades work? Teddi

sandra3@windstream said...

Sounds like you wear my shoes. I'm the worlds worst about letting the warning light come on before refueling. Sonny fusses at me about it often. He lives by the quarter tank rule as well. I intend to, but we all know about good intentions. Loved your post today and promise to do better at keeping up with it. I would like to shoot for a Wednesday play day, but am not sure I can make it. I'll try. Sandie

Lisa Ayers said...

Boy howdy! I love that expression.
Great post and advice Gail.

Blog Archive