Friday, December 10, 2010

Bacon Pinwheels

Had a great class this morning. Missed a few people but they should be back next week. Made my haircut this week. Why is it when you just get a trim it feels like you have been shaved. But my hair is so thick I can always tell when I am do for a trim. It takes me forever to dry my short hair. I'm one of those that likes to finger dry my hair and go. Feels good.

Trying to decide which way to go with WOW tomorrow. Too many ideas. I guess I will decide when I get going tomorrow.

Tonight's recipe is from 'Paula Deen's Christmas 2010'. My goodness everything in this publication looks yummy....

Bacon Pinwheels

Makes 18 to 20 appetizer servings.

1/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 (17.3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed *
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 (6.5ounce) container spreadable light cheese with herbs *
1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
Olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
On a clean, flat surface, sprinkle cornmeal.
Unfold pastry on cornmeal.
Spread mustard lightly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around sides.
Spread cheese over mustard.
Sprinkle with bacon.
Roll up pastry, jelly-roll fashion, and slice into 1/2-inch pieces.
Place pinwheels, cut side down, 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
Brush each pinwheel with olive oil.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm.

*In this recipe the cooks used Pepperidge Farm pastry and Alouette cheese.
I love bacon and cheese. What could be better??????

Well I guess I better hop into bed and be refreshed for tomorrow. You know how wild WOW and Crop nights can be.

See you at the shop.

No comments:

Blog Archive