Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The great outdoors/Ultradecadent Double-Chip Brownies

My goodness I know I said I wanted it cooler but this is down right cold. Then when the clouds started rolling in I'm thinking we could have some flurries overnight. I heard there was snow in Southern Alabama today. But I did see an awesome sight this morning on my way to the shop. I drive by a plant nursery everyday. But today was special because they had turned on the sprinklers to protect the plants. Everything was icy beautiful as the Sun shimmered off the ice.

Friday is WOW and no I am not sure what we will play with but it will be fun. Then we move from WOW to crop night. And Saturday is Cuttlebug Club. Fun, Fun, Fun......

Our layout this week shows a cutie enjoying the woods. He told me his Papa Mitch told him to look out for snakes and deer. Kids are so smart and learn so quickly. Maybe you have some shots of you camping, or having a picnic. There are so many things we do outdoors. Dig out those pictures and start cropping.



Why is it when you start looking for recipes you tend to go for the sweets. I really have a sweet tooth. And the ladies here at the shop know how to bake. So tonight I am determind to post a healthy recipe. This recipe comes from 'the Cooking Light way to Lose Weight'.

Ultradecadent Double-Chip Brownies

Using drained applesauce instead of oil or butter in this recipe produces a surprisingly rich, moist brownie.

1 1/4 cups applesauce
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate minichips
1/2 cup vanilla-flavored baking chips
Cooking spray


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spoon applesauce into a fine sieve over a bowl; let stand 15 minutes.
Discard liquid. Scrape drained applesauce into a large bowl.
Add sugar, vanilla, eggs, and egg whites; stir well.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
Combine flour, cocoa, and salt, stirring well with a whisk.
Add to applesauce mixture; stir just until moist.
Fold in chips.
Spoon batter into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.

Yield: 2 dozen

Gonna hop in the shower to warm up and then tuck my tootsies in the bed.

See you at the shop.

No comments:

Blog Archive