After everyone left had a wonderful surprise. Mandy, Joshua, and Emily surprised me with a vanilla shake. Oh my, I had not had one in a long time. But it was so wonderful just to spend some time with the guys. They grow so fast. You don't see them for a little while and they shoot up like weeds. Love to sit a talk and find out what they are thinking and doing. They are just so much fun.
Well I crashed and burned last night. Today after Frank's wonderful breakfast I cranked up the oven. We baked Butter Balls, Hello Dolly cookies, Oatmeal cookies, and a delicious leaning Pound cake. Yep, I did it again I grabbed the self-rising flour instead of the plain flour. I was sure I had my glasses on and had read the label right. Oh well I have made the flop. But the next one will be the best. I think James is gonna give CJ a run on the Hello Dolly Cookies. Maybe I better make a batch just for him and have Frank hand deliver them. We have closed the kitchen for the night but I will return.
Our recipe comes from Taste of Home. It sounds easy and delicious. Something to keep handy for a quick easy appetizer. Or just a fun snack. Sometime I like to have appetizers instead of a regular meal.
Almond-Bacon Cheese Crostini Recipes
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound), cut into 36 slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Dash salt
- Additional toasted almonds, optional
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, almonds, bacon, onion and salt. Spread over bread. Bake for 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional almonds if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
See you at the shop.