Here is our recipe for today. It is from Southern Living and sounds delicious. I think it would be an easy thing for breakfast or a side dish for dinner.
Cheddar Cheese Grits Casserole
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bring milk just to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; gradually whisk in butter and grits. Reduce heat, and simmer, whisking constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until grits are done. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in egg and next 3 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
3. Bake, covered, at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until mixture is set. Serve immediately.
Have a great Christmas Eve.
See you at the shop.