I made a little road trip to Georgia today. My long time friends had an Open House. What a cute, adorable, beautiful, and very livable house it is. It was chock full of nostalgia. There was a Christmas tree decorated with ornaments her Mom had made and placed on their childhood tree. Lots of wonderful family pictures as well as some of her own photos she has taken. She is a wonderful photographer. Of course, the food was outrageously, delightfully presented. You know me I love all kinds of dishes and unusual pieces of silverware. I just am not crazy about polishing silverware. But it does look nice on a table.
Guess I better get to our recipe for the day. It is from Southern Living Cookies
Yield: Makes 15 brownies
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
1. Combine pecans, butter, 1 egg, and cake mix, stirring until well blended; press in bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
2. Beat remaining 2 eggs, cream cheese, and powdered sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour over cake mix layer.
3. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Better get my shower to warm me up and then under the covers.
See you at the shop.