Glenda stopped by this evening as I was working on the cards for The Blitz. She brought chicken and dumplins' and some delicious green beans. Everything was tasty and 'Oh So Good'.
I have two projects done for the Card Blitz and two more to go. Gotta hop to so I can go see the lights tomorrow night in White Springs. We will gather about 4:30 - 5:00 pm so we can order the pizza before we go.
Our recipe for the day is from Paula's Home Cooking show. It was an episode cooking with children. Serves 6-8 people. It looks simple for those hectic days and something the kids can help prepare.
Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) can green beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, diced and sauteed
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can pimentos, drained (optional)
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6-ounce) box long-grain and wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
- Pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Better get myself to bed so I can crank out those last two Blitz projects.
See you at the shop.