Sunday, August 22, 2010

Guess what?  I did have that long conversation with my sofa and ended up taking my shower at midnight.  Of course after having that power nap I could not go to sleep.  Finally at about 2:00 am the lights went out.  Why is it you have all these channels and there is nothing to watch especially at that time of night.  They are either older shows you have seen several times over or shows you would normally not watch.  Whatever I watched must of been really good because I can't remember what I watched.

Yesterday, I got to the shop early and vacuumed and dust mopped.  Then I began to finish up my little projects for card blitz.  Glenda came early to work on the new improved haunted house.   I started to show her my cards.  One of the cards was a slider card.  I pulled on the tag to have the slide to operate. Oh my,  the card came completely off of the mechanism.  Good grief, there is only a couple of hours until everyone is here for the blitz.  I tear it apart to work on the mechanism.  I get into the mechanism and realize I had been way too smart in putting the card together.  The glue that I thought would be so good at holding everything backfired on me.  It did not hold on the plastic and ended up running way too far into the sliding part of the mechanism.   I could not start all over at this point there were way to many parts.  I cut some support pieces for my slider because they had been torn.  I grabbed a new plastic piece that makes the cards slide.  Jeez Louise I have to rethink some of these cards I plan.  This is really a simple enough card but you have to get your mind wrapped around the workings of the mechanism.  I have eight different minds to get warped. I mean wrapped.  Bless our group.  They are game for anything  and they have great patience with me.  I had gotten a little stressed anticipating this final card.  They just jumped in and went with the flow.  They may never do another slider card but at least they did one.  Thanks ladies.

There is going to be a recipe book planning day on Wednesday August 25th at 11:00 am.  Hopefully we will have a few more main dishes, salads, or appetizers submitted.  The ladies are fired up and plan to start typing  and organizing.  Soon we will have a Scrappy's Ladies Cookbook.   Some of those recipes you have tasted here at the shop could be in your kitchen soon.  So instead of talking about how good something was you can actually have a taste testing at home for everyone.  Yummmy.

This week at the shop we have another bead class.  Beth has brought in a couple of beautiful necklaces.  I will get them posted tomorrow.  You can make a matching necklace for that bracelet you made last month.  The price is the same $15.00.  Classes are at 2:00 and 7:00 pm. on Friday the 27th.  We had such a great time last month and I am sure we will have even more fun this time.  It doesn't take anytime and you guys just become such great friends.

Cricut Club this week.  Come in and join the fun.  See what everyone has been cutting with their machines.  Hopefully, Glenda will have that second haunted house completed.  Yes, she cut it out with her Cricut.  There are several neat Fall cartridges floating around.  Joshua, Emily, and I use two of the new cartridges Thursday night. What cute Fall designs.  The cartridges have inspired a desire to have a Halloween party here at the shop.  You know I only hear bits and pieces of conversations but I am almost sure I heard that little plan.

Now what am I gonna do today???   Check your e-mail tomorrow and find out what mischief I got into today.

Have a wonderful day.

See you at the shop.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Doing a test run on posting comments.

Glenda said...

Okey this is the old way of posting that came up. I saw your post and I clicked on comment and your post came up and the old way of post came up on the right side with the word verification. I will send it and see if it comes through.

Teddi said...

That WAS a great blitz. I think I will be one of the ones that does not replicate that last card though. I liked the variety and will be making the little bags from an envelope....very cute. The laundry is waiting..........Teddi

Lisa Ayers said...

Can't wait to see Glenda's haunted house. Saw the beginning and it was way cool. Club recipe books are the best. Please put me down for one.

Blog Archive