Sunday, August 15, 2010

The tables were full yesterday for the Cuttlebug Club.  Lots of new faces around the table and a few that have not been there for awhile.  Lots of goodies on the food table.  Glenda made a wonderful pasta salad and had some great shrimp.  Then there was a special run that the two Liynda's(one spells her name Linda and one Lynda) made to Popeye's.  I heard lots of "Where is the honey?". So I am assuming that they were enjoying the biscuits more than the chicken.  But they were having fun and that is what this meeting is all about.

While they were cutting up all that paper I was surfing for card ideas.  Next week is Card Blitz Saturday, so I gotta get going creating those challenges for you card makers. 

When I got home Frank just about had the lawn mowed.  I was gonna switch out with him but there was not enough fuel to finish what was left.  So he decided to cut Prissy and Nan's little piece in the back.  So I went to help with the gates because Pokey was hanging out for his dinner.  Frank whipped out the back yard (it is pretty small) and I closed the gates behind him.  I thought he was gonna park the mower until he went to town for gas but he kept running.  Finally he parked it because he knew he was pushing his luck and did not want to push the mower back to the house.   While waiting for him to finish the backyard I rescued a large Monarch butterfly from our patio.  It was hanging from the screen roof.  I grabbed my broom and tried to get it to attach itself to the bristles.  Well it did not like that so I started trying to shoo it along the roof towards the door.  Finally it dipped under the door frame and off it flew.  What a beautiful sight. 

Hopefully we will get the lawn mowed today before the rains come. And believe it or not I plan to try my hand in the kitchen some time today.  It will be an adventure.  Wish I could have one of those chef's assistants to clean-up after me.

Thanks to Glenda, Jackie, Jane and Teddi for the cart you gave me for my birthday.  It sure helps moving those Sizzix dies from the back to the tables in the shop.  I don't have to make so many trips.  Those towers are heavy and the dies will slide out of the slots if you are not careful.  A special thanks to Glenda for helping me clean-up yesterday after everyone left. 

Well the gas is here so I am off to crank the mower.

See you at the shop.

3 comments:

Glenda said...

Thanks Frank for cutting the grass even if Gail say's she like to do it because I know she was tired after such a busy day yesterday. It was a fun day and so good to see some old faces {I don't mean that like it sounds ladies} but we did miss Jane, Linda T. and Patty being with us {hurry back ladies}.

Sandiec34 said...

Gail, I so enjoy your blog! And I'm glad Scrappy Paper accepted me as a friend on Face Book. You'll never know how you and Scrappy Papers has touched my life. Thanks!!

Lisa Ayers said...

Awesome read.

Blog Archive