Saturday, August 28, 2010

Yesterday was a lovely rainy day.  Although I heard Manatee Springs had an abundance of rain in a very short time.  Keep an eye on those trees. With all this rain trees can start popping up out of the ground or drop limbs.  There was a tree that fell over the road near where we live.  My nephew came across it after a couple of ladies ran into it.  Then when the sheriff called in someone to remove it from the road they ran into it. Keep your eyes open and be prepared for almost anything.

Thursday night I was zipping along just before dark and as I passed an open field there were a flock of turkeys.  I passed by too fast and did not get a good view.  So I slowed down today as I passed the field but no turkeys.  There is a spot on the road I call the turkey crossing.  I have missed seeing them so the other night was a pleasant surprise. 
Here is a shot of the turkeys crossing the road that I caught a while back. Yes, I always have that camera handy. 

 I better get ready for all those Cricut ladies.  The tables should be full.  Maybe we will have some wonderful Fall things cut with those bugs.  I'm sure we will get to see the new improved version on the Haunted House.

See you at the shop.



2 comments:

Glenda said...

Ladies, you just don't know what you missed yesterday (Sat.) at Scrappy Papers. Teddi and I had a wonderful day with Gail (as always) but we sure did miss all our scrappy friends. I did finish the construction of the long awaited hauted house, it will be in the shop soon. Be sure you set aside the date for the next work day because you really do get a lot of work done and have fun at the same time. Hope to see all of you soon.

Lisa Ayers said...

They look like roadrunners Gail! Great pic.

Blog Archive