Monday, August 9, 2010

The rain held off and the heat wasn't so bad so I got the lawn cut.  The blades cut even those pesky tall weeds with the little black seeds.  Poor Prissy would take a trip around the backyard and come in looking like someone had sprinkled pepper all over her.  As I was cutting the grass my treat was having all these little butterflies fly up from the grass.  I felt like I was in a mini snow flurry.  But just like life during one pass a tiny wasp/bee flew up and stung me on my neck.  But I continued to mow and enjoy the little flurries.  Even Pokey was a good boy.  I opened both gates to mow the back yard and he stayed in neighbors far pasture.  That way I could leave both gates open and mow the lawn without having to turn off the mower and open and close gates coming in and going out.  As I walked through the pasture to open the gate I scared up an assortment of butterflies.  There were the little whites, yellows,  and a dark one with white and pale blue tips almost shaped like a Monarch.  What a joy to see them flutter.  It is amazing the see your yard.  I usually just pull into the garage and miss seeing all that is out there.  Of course I am in a hurry in the morning and sometime it is dark when I get home.  But riding the mower you are up close and personal with the good, bad and ugly of the lawn.  The good  is seeing the flowers you often miss.  The bad are those cement survey markers that is a accident waiting to happen to the lawnmower deck.  You can bend that deck into the blade in a heartbeat.  The ugly are those bare roots and no grass around the big Oak trees.  This week the ugly is the grass piled in rows.  I did not get to mow last week.  Remember I was hoping for December weather.  So this week the grass was too high to mulch.  You know cut the lawn pattern to run over the row of already cut grass.  I kept wanting to stall.  so I reversed my pattern and threw the grass away from my cut row.  Towards the end of the day I had one of those white birds playing chicken with me.  Guess what I won.  He always flew out of the way.  All in all it was a good mowing day.

The Sunshine Stampers are going to be at the shop today.  I better get myself ready and get to the shop. Hopefully I can get my card done for tomorrow before the stampers arrive. 

See you at the shop.

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Another good post, you are getting gooooooood and regular at posting and keeping us informed, will have to award you with a stamp on the hand. Nature is beautiful if we would only stop and look. Have a great day.

Lisa Ayers said...

Loved this Gail. I agree with Glenda. Please don't ever stop sharing.

Blog Archive