Sunday, August 29, 2010

Why is it when you can sleep in you wake up early. I was awake at 5:30 this morning.  For a change I was aggravating Prissy instead of the other way around.  Usually she is up early and I am wanting to sleep in.  You know how you think you will surely go back to sleep, so you just lay there tossing and turning.  Poor Prissy, everytime I moved she got bumped. We sleep on a queen size bed and yet she insisits on sleeping right up against me. I have to move her over just to get into the bed at night.  Naw, she's not spoiled.

That haunted house is really developing into quite a project.  There is now a stand up tree.  I wonder what will be flying around the bare branches?  Teddi made some beautiful Christmas cards.   All you ladies that come to Scrappy's are very creative.  I love to see your latest creations.  You should e-mail photos of your creations so I can post them on our Facebook page or on the blog.  Sometimes it is hard to describe what you have made to the other ladies.  You know me I love to brag about you.  Friday, I was trying to tell a lady who shops for a friend about an alligator explosion box.  It is hard to really  express it's uniqueness.  You all are so good to encourage one another.  I just love it.

I enjoyed a few rounds on the lawn mower yesterday afternoon.  Boy, Summer is ending fast.  I used to be able to mow until 9:00.  But last night I had to quit at 8:00.  I know it is not because of not seeing well.  It was because it was getting dark.  Right. 

With school starting, shadows changing, and dark coming earlier, cool weather is not far behind.  But then Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas comes rolling in.  Whew, I am worn out just thinking about getting ready for those holidays.  To get ahead start on all those holiday projects come join us next weekend for several play days.  Most of you will  have an extra day off with Monday being Labor day.   There will be a special Labor Day Crop on Friday night from 5:00 until 11:00 or until I drop because I know you all can out last me.  Saturday and Monday are come play all day.  You can come set up Friday night, leave it set up and start up again Saturday morning then finish up on Monday.  WOW!  Three days to crop, create, and finish those projects.  So come join us for a weekend of fun and creativity.

Better get going.

See you at the shop.

4 comments:

Teddi said...

The sleeping in thing is part of "Murphy's Law"....love to hear about your mowing the grass. Thankfully, it is getting dark earlier and hopefully, less warm along with it!
After I do a few chores, I am going downstairs and start cutting a haunted house. Hope I can remember all the tips that Glenda told me!
The "hot chocolate fairy" had my morning drink ready when I got up, so I am sipping away and waking up.
Teddi

Glenda said...

I have noticed here in the morning that it is staying darker later and that is a sure sign Fall is in the air and I can't wait.. I am burned out with all this heat so bring on the COLD.

Lisa Ayers said...

Can't wait to see all the new projects!

Sandie said...

Love keeping up with your journaling. You have such a gift for it. Always easy reading, but almost like sitting at the shop talking with you. I'll try to see what I can do about getting you a couple of pictures of some of my projects. Thank you for making us all feel so welcome and at home at Scrappy Papers. What would we ever do without you?

Blog Archive