Thursday, August 19, 2010

The ladies worked on several projects today.  Christmas, Halloween, and shirts.   Jane shared a project she learned at her painting convention.  Vellum and Christmas lights oh my.  There is going to be a new version of the Haunted House.  There was some pleating, measuring, and creating a mans shirt.  Oh yes, and some teabag folding. Teddi made this wonderful olive spread.  Yummy!!!  And we even got adventurous for lunch.  Our choice was the new Gondolier.  Several pizzas, and Strombolies.  We all enjoyed every  bite.  
Wellllll what have I been warning you ladies about every time you take a seat at the tables.  Yep, I did it.  I dropped a pen.  As I was reaching over to pick it up I said to myself ' I better stand uhoh'.  Down I went right on the most cushioned part of my body.  Thank goodness it wasn't on my knees.  I couldn't take a another hit there.  As I was there laughing and looking up at the cropping table I started strategizing.   You know how am I going to get into that flipped chair without getting on my knees.  All the while knowing that was not going to happen.  The minute I hit the floor Prissy went running because I fell right next to her bed.  Then it it me.  Her bed would make a great cushion for the knees.  I flipped the chair back up on it's wheels.  Then I got serious and stopped the giggling. I had a project I had to finish.  My first attempt was not very successful because I did not get both knees on the soft bed.  Heave ho and up I went on the next try.  Poor Prissy did not like having me on the floor next to her.  All evening she paced the shop.  She just could not settle down.  Now she is not afraid of thunder, lightening, or just about anything.  But seeing me at her level.  Well that shook her up.  So ladies.  Stay alert and do not bend over in the chairs or you may find yourself flipping.  Goodness knows how Prissy would react to more strangers down at her level.

See you at the shop.

4 comments:

Glenda said...

So glad you did't hurt your self,don't know what we would do with out you. Don't forget to check your gas tank today.

Teddi said...

Soooooooooo, the rule is "do as I say, not as I do?" How many times have YOU said don't lean over to pick something up? Some lessons are "hard" learned!But somehow, I think you will remember now. I hope you are not all sore and lame from the "seating". Teddi

Sandiec34 said...

You know, Gail, we all have to be really careful in those chairs. Especially if we lean forward. They just roll right out from under us! Hope nothing is real sore today, or tomorrow. Wish I could be there for Card Blitz.

Celeste said...

What a sight that must have been. No more floor work for you.

Blog Archive