Friday, August 6, 2010

I love living in Lake City.  I left my house this morning and came down our curvy little hill and there at his mailbox/newspaper box sat a man in his golf cart facing away from the road.  He had just picked up his newspaper and was just sitting there reading his headlines.  Up came his had and with a few fingers gave me a wave without even looking up.  He just heard a car coming and gave it a wave. As I passed by I looked in the rear view mirror and no he still had his nose in his headlines.  I got a little chuckle then I thought yep I do the same thing.  I will be on the lawnmower and see a car coming and whether they see me or not I lift my hand and give a wave.  That's just what we do around here.  The first time I experienced this friendly gesture was years ago when I first started working in South Georgia  We would be riding down the road and meet a car or truck and you would see a few fingers lifted from the steering wheel.  I was told everyone did this even if they did not know you.  Friendly gestures is what we all need.

Well tomorrow is a play day.  So bring your toys and whatever project and enjoy some friendly gestures.

1 comment:

Lisa Ayers said...

What a great way to start your day!

Blog Archive