Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Last night's card class went much better than the morning class.  We only had a few on a different page at the same time.  I may have to have one giant brownie before Thursday's class.  Oh but wait,  there will be a couple less people on Thursday.  So maybe I will be Ok. 

Pokey was patiently waiting at his feed bucket this morning.  As I walked up to the fence line I spotted one of our foxes in the outside fence line.  The birds were chasing him.  I was surprised to see him.  It has been awhile since I saw any sign of the little family group.  Sometimes you would see one lay up on the rolled hay bale.  One day there were two laying up on the bale.  Apparently their little den is somewhere close by.  Frank used to see the little guys once in a while but I have only seen the adults.  Another reason to watch Prissy in the back yard. 

Last night as I was warming up some leftovers for dinner when I looked out the kitchen window and spotted a Hummingbird zipping around.  Those little things are amazing.  One day I was walking Prissy out back and was standing near a bottlebrush bush.  There was such a loud buzzzzz going on.  I wondered what in the world is that noise.  I started looking around and there in the bush were a bunch of Hummingbirds.  Those tiny wings move so fast and all together it made such an unusual sound.  There are so many small things in life we all need to experience and this is one of them.

Belinda came to the bedroom to check on me after dinner last night.  I was working on the computer when she popped in asking if I was ok.  I look up and told her I was fine.  Apparently she had spoken with Frank and told him I had eaten hotdogs for dinner.  He questioned her and ask if  was alright.  That I never ate hotdogs.  Well, I don't eat hotdogs very much.  They are not one of my favorites.  But occasionally I will breakdown and eat one.  Am I so predictable that when I do something out of the ordinary, people think I am a little off.  Well I thought you all thought I was a little off all the time.

Time to get the kiddo together and for us to hit the road to the shop.

See you at the shop.

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Had another great time at Scrappy Papers today (Wed.). There was about a half dozen ladies show up for Wed. work day and believe it or not we did get lots of work done. Those that don't come sure miss out on good fellowship and having lunch with friends and those good cooks that bring such good snacks. Hope to see everyone Sat. at Blitz.

Sandiec34 said...

Thursday's class was a hoot, as usual! We made that beautiful card and the scrapbook layout is awesome! I-Linda couldn't be with us, but we struggled on without her, although we did miss her smiling face. We tell everyone that Thursday mornings at Scrappy Papers is our therapy. However, if the old adage is true: laughter is the best medicine, none of us can possibly be sick! Great fun, great friends, who could ask for more?

Blog Archive