Friday, October 8, 2010

What a day.  Enjoyed a good night sleep.  Actually fell asleep trying to watch a special on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  I am sure it was a good program with lots of beautiful views.  Oh well maybe they will show the program again.  It must have gotten pretty cool last night. Prissy dug in and climbed under the covers just about daylight.  She only does that when she gets cold.  But it felt good to me. 

My night started with a dumpster dive.  Starting from the beginning. You know a group of ladies did an inchie exchange.  Glenda called and said she had lost hers.  She had looked through all of her things that she had taken to the shop.  Her thinking was that they had fallen in the garbage can where she usually sits.  The problem was that she had tied up the bag and put it in the can in the kitchen.  Then we had packed that bag down.  I mean we were really punching down the garbage to be able to tie the bag. We really pack those big ole bags to for the garbage man.  I put the bag out on Thursday night early Friday morning pick up. Oh my!!  So after Glenda had searched through all her things she called back and I went dumpster diving.  The first bag I came to was nothing but the empty containers from lunch.  Ok.  On to the next bag.  Gingerly I start plucking through the bag.  Oh my gosh!  There was the Ziploc bag with the little inchies.  They were not crushed or contaminated with garbage.  So I brought them in, wiped down the bag, and called Glenda.  I was moving in slow motion last night because of the headache and the pills I had taken.  So tonight when Glenda came for the WOW Friday she surprised me with  little surprise.  She had brought me a cute corner and border punch with Autumn leaves.  She had gotten one and I had admired it but she did not think the store had anymore so I had not gone looking for the set.  Well the little stinker went diving herself.  Apparently she went digging herself and located the set for me.  Love it!!!!  it will be used in one of our classes.

Today's WOW Friday was all about techniques and tags.  We brayered, stamped, and transferred.  There was snowflakes, Fall leaves, and some altered postage.  Had a lot of fun.  Then we started our crop. But before we started there was homemade chicken noodle soup and smoked chicken.  Thanks to Jane for the soup and Joe Thomas for the smoked chicken.  Good grief both were delicious.  Prissy even enjoyed a few bites of both along with her mac and cheese.  Then when she came home she found her doggie bone she hid in her bed before going to the shop this morning. She has crashed for the night.  During the crop the ladies were painting( such cute turkey's Jane is painting).  Then they started working on some shrinky dinks.  Somewhere in there I think I saw a cute card that looked a lot like a hunting vest.  There was also so planning on a cookie cookbook some of the ladies want to do the month of November.  So much energy!!!!

The ladies closed up early for a crop night but it was late for Pokey.  When Prissy and I stepped out into the yard he was scolding us for being late with his dinner.  But I sure did enjoy looking up at the beautiful starry night.  Awwwsome!!!  The air was so crisp and cool that you could hear sounds that seemed so close.  I could hear another horse in the distance.  I did not hear that darn armadillo.  Goodness gracious we need to find a way to trap it and move it somewhere else.  So many holes it is like a combat zone in the backyard.  Then there is a a spot in the side yard that the lawnmower would probably fall in up to the hubcaps.  at least I don't have a possum like Glenda.  She and Zoey came across one in her backyard the other morning.  The funny thing, it was playing possum and she thought it was dead.  Now she has to be on the look out to keep Zoey from going on a hunt.  These darn dogs of ours can sure get into some mischief now and then. That's why I always walk round the yard with Prissy even though it is fenced in.  You never know what she might dig up and bring back to the house.

Tomorrow is Cuttlebug Club.  I think the tag dies will be used a lot.  Or maybe Fall leaves or Christmas trees.  Who knows what those guys will come up with.  Whatever they come up with it is gonna be a lot of fun.  So if I am gonna be ready for that group tomorrow I better call it a night and tuck Prissy and I into bed.

See you at the shop.

1 comment:

Lisa Ayers said...

Love, love, love this blog.

Blog Archive