Sunday, September 19, 2010

Yesterday, we just about made our Blitz in two hours.  The ladies reminded me that we did not start on time and that I had to break a couple of times to run the cash register.  We did a good job staying pretty close to our time frame.  I think it helps to keep the projects/cards simple.  Also, some of the ladies had their own inks for inking and that helped moved the process along.  The hardest project was our turkey.  Cutting up his various parts was a little touchy.  We all know that is the hardest thing at Thanksgiving.  Getting that big bird ready for the oven takes some time.  There is a lot of  activity during a card blitz and it is hard to stay focused on the projects.  But those ladies at the table do a great job of having fun and completing their cards/projects.   Everyone's pace is different.   If you have never been in a blitz you can't imagine how fast or slow things can go. I applaud them.

After the Blitz I started working on this darn laptop again.  I stayed at the store 'till about 8:00 pm.  My problem at the store was the laptop would not let me do Internet searches.  I could not even sign in to the blog to post.  After having a little bite with the gang at the house.  I dove in again.  This time I did a round about Internet surfing and found a program through a Microsoft forum.  This little bug attached itself as a virus protection program.  I picked it up when I was surfing for free printables for those inchies.  As I was doing my research last night.  I found out this bug is called My Security Shield and comes across the screen telling you that you have been infected and you need to protect yourself.  According to the forums this thing just keeps reinventing itself.  So if you can stay away from researching anything free.  Also, ignore the flashing message saying you are infected.  But if you do, go to the web and do research first.  Because there are several options on how to rid yourself of this pesky bug. 

Next week we have our Cricut Club meeting on Saturday.  It is from 10:00 - 4:00.  Bring a snack and play all day. 

Wednesday is all day play day from 10:00 - 4:00.  Bring your projects in and have some fun. 

Guess I better hop to and do my laundry and paperwork.

See you at the shop!

1 comment:

Lisa Ayers said...

Making cards with other people is fun. I always learn somethin new from somebody.
Sorry you had trouble with a virus Gail. Glad it did not get the best of you.
Sounds like we all got laundry done this weekend.
See you at the shop!

Blog Archive