Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It was absolutely wonderful this morning.  The temperature was 72 degrees at my house but by the time I hit the concrete jungle it was 77 degrees.  There was some fog out there.  On one of the roads I travel there are power lines that cross the road.  On days where there is heavy dew or fog you can see an amazing spiderweb display.  There are many individual webs all across the two lines. But you only get to see this treat if there is enough dew on the webs.  I have been seeing big ole webs in the trees. These almost look like a bees nest.  I heard that when you see this it means we are gonna have a cold Winter. Can anybody out there confirm this old tale.  Or if you know another little hint. Pass it along.

My Monday started off kinda rough.  I usually do my laundry on Sunday afternoon.  The last load in the machine are my towels.  I love a fresh fluffed towel.  Well Monday morning I hop in the shower and reach for my shampoo.  Oops, I used it to bathe Prissy.  Then I reach for my washcloth.  Oops, it is still in the dryer.  I then look where my towel usually hangs.  Empty.  So I step out of the shower dripping wet.  Go get my fresh fluffy towel and the shampoo.  I thought 'hopefully the rest of the day will be better'.  Naturally, I am running late.  What is it about Mondays that make you drag.  I do the usual open up routine.  Go to the back and make my coffee.  I think 'I am gonna need it today'.  Step back out into the shop and I have a shop full of people.  Where was that chime.  I did not hear it chime to alert me there were people in the shop.  Oh well the day starts of running.  New faces, old friends, and  ladies coming to play.  Several said they were glad I was open.  Of course, where else would I be.  It is Monday right, Holiday or not. 

Again I stayed up too late last night.  Does paperwork ever end?  Finally, I turn everything off about 2:00ish.
Sleep hits me pretty fast like my younger days.  Uh oh, I feel little feet dancing across the foot of the bed.  It is 3:00 am.  Prissy has to step outside.  Should not have share my late dinner with her.  I grab the robe. Turn the outside light on.  Slip my feet into my rubber clogs and off we go.  I've learned to head her off if she gets it into her mind to wander the yard at 3:00 or some other awful hour.   As she is taking care of business I move into position.  Sure enough she starts to head towards the back portion of the yard sniffing.  Oh no you don't, not at this hour.  So I move in front of her and she turns running for the back door.  She knows it is bed time.  When we get inside she lets me pick her up without doing her little dancing away routine.  Ahh back to bed.  Oh my, it is 7:30 and I have a class this morning. I jump up and start my morning routine.  Is this another Monday morning?

The card was easy this morning but it was hard to keep everyone together.  Hopefully, by the next class I will be straightened out. 

Cuttlebug Club is this Saturday.  Friday night is crop night.  Also, Friday afternoon is WOW Friday.  I will share more about this event on tomorrows post.

See you at the shop.

1 comment:

Lisa Ayers said...

It's always nice to see that somebody else commits the same kind of "Oops!" Make me feel normal.
Gotta love that Prissy. At least she has the good manners to wake you up to do her business outside. Thank goodness Jack haas manners too. Nothing worse than having to start the day cleaning up doggy doo!
I think those "bees nests" you are seeing are some form of insects which indicates disease in the tree. I'll check with Steve. We saw them in Maryland and PA and I think that's what he said.

Blog Archive