Monday, September 6, 2010

Sunday was a very nice day.  I finished my mowing.  Of course, Pokey was his usual good self. He stayed in the back pasture. That way I could get the mower through the pasture and mow the back yard without having to open and close two gates.  The mower deck is giving us a fit.  Frank keeps fixing it but it keeps dipping.  It plays havoc with a nice clean cut. The lawn  looks like I have given it a Mohawk cut.  Thank goodness Daddy isn't around to see the lawn.  He was particular about mowing his lawn.  I remember one time Geneva and I were staying with him and helping him mow his lawn.  He couldn't do the mowing.  She and I were trying to decide who would get on the mower. "I'm not gonna do it"  was the refrain.  Not that Daddy would be mean or anything.  You know how you want to please your Dad.  We knew the lawn had to be cut a certain way.  After we finished we asked if it was ok.  He got this little twinkle in his eye and did his little chuckle.  In other words we did ok but not  the way he would have done the job.  Great memories. 

After mowing, had a little lunch and did a little work on the computer.  You can only do a little work on the computer because our Hughes Internet is too slow.  I gave Prissy her bath, which she is not real crazy about. After I bathe her. I put her under the blow dryer.  She wiggles around trying to hide in her towel.  The minute I put her down on the floor she starts running around the house like crazy.   After the mad race around she has to 'go be quick'( that's my phrase to her to go potty).  I really have to keep my eye on her because she often will lay down in the dirt to sun herself.  It doesn't bother me normally but not freshly bathed. Prissy!!!

I actually cooked, no warmed up, dinner last night.  Frank had made spaghetti for everyone during my birthday weekend.   We did not eat it all so we put it in the freezer. I think that was the last of the batch.  There is just enough for another meal.  Then Prissy and I curled up on the sofa and watched a movie.  I normally watch TV in my bedroom but my DVD player is on the blink.  So it felt kinda strange.

So I worked, I played, and it was on the whole a very good day.

See you at the shop.

2 comments:

Lisa Ayers said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing day. I sure would have liked to have met your Dad!
Jack does the same thing when I give him a bath. Races around the house like he's on fire. I wonder why dogs do this? And of course he has to go straight out to "potty" only to lie in the grass and roll. LOL

Sandie said...

Cash does the same thing. If I don't tie him up until he is completely dry, he finds the sandiest place in the field and has a good roll. Very often after he does the roll, he kicks his heel in the air, passes gas loudly and takes off bucking and kicking. I call him my gas powered horse.br

Blog Archive