Thursday, September 9, 2010

I thought my day was cranking.  The morning air was wonderful.  Here is a shot of our little Nan enjoying the morning air.


It has been soooooo hot she has not been doing this little morning ritual. But seeing her enjoying the cooler weather makes me happy.

I get loaded  up and head out the drive.  The fog is lifting and I am letting the cool breeze blow my hair. Heading down the road I spot the flock of turkey's in the field.  I stop put on my flashers.  When I stopped the turkeys stopped grazing and picked their long necks up and turned to look at me.  Then they went back to grazing and making the turkey sound.  I tried to take a picture but that darn sun was shining right in my face.  I finally continued my trip.  Uh oh.  I round the curve and there at the railroad track were men with flares going off.



Good grief this is class morning I have to be at the shop and teach by 9:00 am.  I look to my left and there sat
the train. 

It started slowly chugging.  Flashers going I am not so patiently sitting and  waiting. Watching the train. Watching the clock.  Now I am parked so that wonderful breeze is not happening.  I roll up my window to try and block some of the heat. Not working so I reluctantly start the AC.  Finally the train picked up speed and all those cars began to sorta speed by.   Finally, I can cross the tracks. And again I am cruising along with the windows down.  Another crazy driver on the road.  I am doing 50 in a 45 MPH  zone and a car in such a hurry passes on a double yellow line.  What is she smoking.  Double trouble.  Speed and double yellow.  Ok.  I settle back and began to enjoy my morning again.  Coming through my tree tunnel I spot 'Men Working' signs.  Oh no not another stop and wait.  I slow down and approach the men in their neon green vests. Thank goodness they were just getting set up.  Off I go again.  Thank goodness I hit the lights just right when I came into town.  I am so glad I stayed later last night to set up for class.  Plenty of time to get the coffee made and greet the wild bunch.  Yep, it was another one of those wild Thursdays.

Wally World did it again. I left here late last night.  I guess it was almost 11:00.  I went to get my gas.  Gas was $2.69.  Wait a minute. It was $2.61 in the morning when I came to town.  Oh well I needed gas.  Coming in this morning I look over and it was $2.61.  Not what in the world could have happened to make the price change like that.  It was only a few hours. that it was the higher price. I tell you there are Gremlins operating in the sign. 

I finally decided what our WOW Friday is gonna be.  Inchies.  Bring along your basic tool kit.  Extra things to pack are: colored pencils, watercolors, markers, and  a black dye stamp pad.  Also, a one inch and a 7/8 inch square punch.  If you have these it will keep you from waiting to share. Or trying to figure out your paper cutter measurements.  I know how you love to count those little lines.   Oh yeah, you may need a magnifying glass.  Just kidding.....

Better get the little Rugrat loaded and get home at a decent hour tonight.

See you at the shop.


1 comment:

Lisa Ayers said...

You know this wouldn't of happened if you didn't have a class to teach. I wonder if the "Wally World" manager could explain the flucuations in the price og gas?
Your Nan is beautiful. Hoping to get in to the shop today!

Blog Archive