Sunday, September 5, 2010

Good grief, I can't even make grits anymore.  I used to make grits for dinner almost every night before my favorite evening meal became Peanut Butter and Jelly.  I thought I remembered the ratio.  Not.  Several water additions later I am closer to the way the grits are supposed to be.  Oh well next time I will get my instructions out.  At least I am not eating them like soup, crunching them or using them for a Frisbee.   Well, maybe the Frisbee is close.

Yesterday Prissy and I left the shop about 5ish.  I was feeling pretty sleepy since my late night Friday night.  My first stop on the way home was to get a little pick me up.  It wasn't happy hour but I picked up my trusty vanilla shake.  Then on to get some gas for the mower.  That shake did the trick. Cause as soon as I unloaded the car I had that mower oiled, gassed, and rolling.  Finished the whole front yard from the street to the East fence line.  I might have gotten more cut but the sun went down. Loosing daylight is a small price to pay for cooler weather.  It was smokey blue yesterday and is looking like it will be the same today.  The smokey blue tree line reminded me of the Blue Ridge Mountains.   Even though it was warm and muggy with very little breeze I kept thinking I was in the mountains.  But with the heat, when I stepped off the mower my ankles were looking 'Oh Lordy' again.  An overnight cool down and they have recovered.  As I make my loops on the mower I look towards the house and standing at the door watching me is my cute little rugrat.  My front door has beveled glass so her sight line is at the right spot to see.  It is almost as though she is wearing glasses.  If she watches me she often is barking at me. You know how she barks at Glenda when she comes in the shop wanting that treat. Well that is how she barks at me.  I don't know why except she is fussing at me being outside without her. From the front door she will run to the window to watch me walk up to the garage door.  Then she runs from the window to the inside garage door to greet me. She is a mess but she is my mess. 

I stayed up again late last night so I did not get cranking very early  Of course Prissy had to be up and out a 7:00 am.  I let her out and fed Pokey.  Then I went back to bed and did not climb out until 9:30.  Wow!  That is unusual for me.  So I guess I better get cranking and finish mowing.

Tomorrow is another Play Day.  We will be open 10:00-5:00.  Come join us for madness and mayhem.  No it is not that bad but it is a lot of fun.  Those ladies just have fun together.

See you at the shop.

2 comments:

Lisa Ayers said...

You are amazing!

Joy Joy said...

Gail, I did the same thing the other day. I was making grits and I did the 2 to 1 ratio like you do for rice. They were so thick that I quickly realized I'd goofed and remembered the 4 to 1 ratio :) Of course, LOTS of butter too!!!

Blog Archive