Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ancestry

This weeks layout has pictures of my Mom, Dad and their Moms and Dads. So we have a page with two generations. The only good shot of Dad's parents just happened to be with my Dad as a boy. I do not remember Dad Royal but Granny lived to be 92 and she was a prim and proper Southern lady.



I remember both Mom's parent's. We called them Big Mert and Big Daddy. There were always great gatherings at their house. Dad had step brothers and sisters but there was a big age difference so we did not get together that much. But Mom came from a big family. So when we gathered there were lots of cousins to play with. My Granny shared her coffee with me.
I remember her putting it in a saucer with lots of milk and sugar. Now days I have to drink it black. My Big Mert used to let me help make biscuits. She had a big clay bowl with flour and she would mix 'til she thought it was the right texture. Those biscuits were the most tender delicious biscuits. She would make a big batch and cover them with a tea towel so people could graze all day. Naturally, I don't have that recipe. And I am sure they would not be the same even if I did have the recipe.

I better get the rest of the layout cut, because Miss Teddi said I shouldn't stay too late. I wanted to get by and see little Sis tonight but I think I will have to slip by and take her a Starbucks tomorrow.

See you at the shop.

1 comment:

Lisa Ayers said...

I feel like I'm getting to know your whole family. I find myself looking for that new post everyday in my mailbox. What an incredible family you have Gail. So supportive of each other. No wonder you have so much patience and a good listening ear. You learned from the best!

Blog Archive