Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving

Here is the layout for this week. I had to get in some pictures of our favorite food. I was going through old pictures and there were no pictures with the food our parents and grandparents cooked. So our only rememberance is what we think we remember. I don't know about you but my memory is not what it used to be, so there is nothing to share with the next generation. Make sure you write down those recipes for them. Don't make them try to recreate what was there favorite food you made. I have tried to recreate a biscuit recipe my Big Mert used to make. As a little girl I can remember helping her roll biscuits. My biscuits were small hers were about the size of your palm. Those biscuits were so soft and tender. They would sit out under a tea towel and everyone would graze on them all day long. Mental memories don't satisfy those ole taste buds.

Have a safe day and be aware of the weather that is on the way.

No comments:

Blog Archive