Friday, December 16, 2011

Date Balls

After my weigh-in I chose to have a salad for dinner. That should tell you how my weigh-in went. Geez Louise I am in trouble for the next couple of weeks. Gotta get these Holiday treats behind me. You make it I will not pass it up. As with Miss Teddi's date balls she brought yesterday. Hmmmm maybe that was why my weigh-in was not good. But everyone loved them and requested the recipe. So our recipe today is from one of our own. I don't have any pictures because they were all eaten. So that should tell you how good they are.



My Grandmother’s Date Balls-Teddi

I cup sugar

¼ cup butter

1 lb. pitted dates

1 egg

2 T water

½ t salt

Place in pot and stir, cook to thicken.

Cool slightly.

Add: 2 cups Rice Krispies

½ c chopped nuts (I used pecans, walnuts work well, too)

1 t vanilla

Stir well

Using a spoon, take small amount of mixture and roll

In your palms, then roll in finely ground nuts or coconut.

Enjoy……they travel well.


Next week we will have our Thursday class on Tuesday and maybe our Wednesday class as well. Class time will be as it normally is 9:30 card and 10:30 layout. So I better get going and get these things ready for next week.


See you at the shop.

No comments:

Blog Archive