Sunday, December 11, 2011

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken

Today I went shopping with family. It is nice to get out and see things you don't see everyday. We were at one shop and I spotted some shoes that had a good six inch heel. Oh my. I couldn't resist. Yep, I shucked off my comfy easy heel clogs and slipped on those towering heels. Welllll, let me tell you. I felt like I was on a teeter totter. No joke. My family stood on stand by just in case I fell. Now I used to wear heels all the time. I mean all the time. I even wore heels when I rode my bike. But never were they this high. I think you need to have toe shoe training before wearing these. They had them in a beautiful red. But not in my size. Ha Ha!!! Can't you see me tiptoeing around the shop in six inch heels.

Tonight's recipe is from skinnytaste.com. It is a crock pot recipe and it is low fat. What better combination. It makes a great dinner to have when you have had a long day shopping or working.



Slow cooked shredded chicken with corn, tomatoes and black beans. Prepare the night before and turn your crock pot on in the morning for an easy weeknight meal. Low fat and low in points. Serve over rice with chopped scallions, fresh cilantro, fat free sour cream and reduced fat cheddar.

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 servings Size: 1 cup Old Points: 3 pts Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 190 • Fat: 1.5 g • Fiber: 5.6 g • Carbs: 23.1 g • Protein: 21 g
  • 24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
  • 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
  • 15 oz can black beans
  • 8 oz frozen corn
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
  • 3 scallions, chopped
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
  • salt to taste
Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning. Serve over rice (extra pts)

Our sale this week: 30% off Brass Stencils, 25% off Xyron products, 50% off K&Company jewelry kits.

See you at the shop.

No comments:

Blog Archive