Monday, May 2, 2011

Swedish Apple Pie

Coming into town the other day I saw the turkey's on the roadside. I slowed down to enjoy the three of the grazing. A car came up behind me so I could not get my camera out fast enough for a shot. Love all this wildlife we have.

I have been meaning to post the recipes of some of the pies that we had on during National Pie month.

The first recipe is:

Swedish Apple Pie

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
2 medium tart apples, chopped
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
Confectioners' sugar, optional

In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.

In a small bowl, whisk egg, and vanilla.

Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.

Fold in apples and walnuts.

Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired.

Serve warm.

I will post some other recipes later.

See you at the shop.

No comments:

Blog Archive