Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tribute To Rhett










Today we said goodbye to one of my rugrats. Mr. Rhett was diagnosed this week with very aggressive liver cancer. We enjoyed 12 wonderful years together. He was my best bud, Dude and my honey bunny. He had those great soulful eyes that seem to talk to you. He was the one to cuddle. One of my funniest memories of him over the years was coming home from work and finding he had unrolled the toilet tissue and run down the hall and around the closet and started down the hall again.

When I first got him we went to visit my mother-in-law in Pennsylvania. We had to fly, I had a little bag he stayed in under the seat in front of me. He never made a peep. A little boy dropped a toy in the aisle and got down to pick it up and was surprised to see Rhett down there. During that visit his favorite toy was a half gallon plastic water jug. Mom would get so tickled to see him carry it around because it was bigger than him.


He loved to ride. Car, golf cart, or stroller it did not matter. You would tell him to load up if it was the car or golf cart. The stroller ride was considered a walk.


My other rugrat, Prissy is really gonna miss him. Rhett was her protector(even though she would boss him around sometime). From the minute I brought her home he has taken care of her. You might catch him cleaning her eyes or her ears. Prissy does not bark when she needs to go out, so sometime I would miss her trying to let me know she needed to go. Well, Rhett would have none of that. He would come over and bark to let me know she needed to go out. Prissy would take care of business but Rhett would just snoop. You know he did not have to go but she did. Dogs are pretty smart and give of themselves so lovingly.


So, here is a smile, a laugh, and yes a tear to say goodbye and we will miss you.



No comments:

Blog Archive