Thursday, July 28, 2011

Classes are over and Prissy and I are enjoying some quiet time before weigh in today. I don't know if I lost any this week with all those sweet peaches I have been eating. Of course my excuse for not exercising is that it is too darn hot. I guess during the Winter it will be too darn cold.

Teddi sent me her recipe for the Marinated Tomatoes.

3 large Beefsteak or Ugly tomatoes (never heard of Ugly tomatoes)

Slice tomatoes thick and place in an 11x13 glass dish.

Combine:

1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic clove
1 Tablespoon parsley
1 Tablespoon fresh Basil or only 1 teaspoon if using dried Basil
2 Tablespoons onion chopped fine

Pour mixture over sliced tomatoes.
Cover and refrigerate overnight or for several hours

These are awesome.

Stay cool.

See you at the shop.

No comments:

Blog Archive