Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sausage Tortellini Soup

The day started out with me oversleeping. Of course daylight comes later now so it still seems like you should still be snoozing away. I stayed up way too late last night working on some paper work. The lights went out about 2 a.m. I'm used to turning in about 11:00. But I enjoyed such a glorious morning as went to feed Pokey. The feed bucket did not even need the famous broom for me to reach. Then our little red fox went dashing across the back yard as I approached the feed bucket. He ran from our fence across Pokey's pasture into our neighbors back yard. But the most wonderful sight was out on Lake Jeffery's Road. I slowed down as a small deer went leaping across the road. I stopped to see where he came from and spotted about 5 others waiting to cross. One was very small but had lost it's spots. I started to move on and watched my rear view mirror and saw them make their dash. What a way to start the day!!!

Well I have decided to post the recipe as part of post so it will remain in the archive.

Sausage Tortellini Soup - Rose Gerencser

1 lb. Italian Sausage
1 onion; chopped
1 can beef broth
1 can tomato soup
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans; drained
4 cups water
1 tsp. Italian Seasonings
salt and pepper to taste
1 pkg. tortellini

Remove sausage from casing and cook in large Dutch oven with chopped onion and garlic.
Cook and stir until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain off fat.
Stir in rest of ingredients except tortellini .
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Stir in tortellini and simmer until tortellini are done.

Remember Saturday October 11th is our yard sale from 8 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
Bargains, Bargains, Bargains!!!

I guess I better get my self to bed early tonight so I will be a bit more perky tomorrow.

No comments:

Blog Archive