Thursday, November 27, 2014

November 27, 2014

What a beautiful day.  A little chilly but not as cold as it was supposed to be thank goodness.  Glad all that cloud cover has blown out.  Man,  I can't imagine how people live without having beautiful blue skies everyday.  That is one thing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. 

As you know I have befriended a neighborhood cat that has no home. She is so sweet.  She will sometimes wait at the front door and peep through the glass waiting for her food.  She will let me pet her but is still so very skittish. I have not tried to pick her up. During the cold spells we have cracked the garage door for her.  I went and bought a little bed and left it on the rug she would curl up on.  Yesterday she was peeking in the door on the patio.  So I moved her food and bed back to the patio.  I could tell something was eating her food I left in the garage.  I assumed it was the tom cat that aggravates her.  But, last night I peeked out on the porch to check her.  She was looking at something and meowing at me.  I figured, yep yellow tom was out there. I look at the food dish.  Oh my gosh!!!!  There is a possum.  Need to get a trap and move it to the woods.  It is amazing how attached we get to these furry creatures. I am talking about Thomasina( that's what I call her).  Another thing to be thankful for are the pets in our lives.  Some we own and some that own us.

Earlier this month we had a birthday weekend for my brother.  What a special time to be together. It was a time of working together.  Remembering our childhood.  Some of us have better memories than others.  Laughter.  Yes, remembering always brings on the laughter.  There were tears.  Can't have memories without some tears.  But all that is part of being alive and loving one another.  Family.... best thing there is.  Family is the thing I am most thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Have a very Blessed Thanksgiving.

Smiles 'til I see you.


No comments:

Blog Archive