Thursday, October 4, 2012

I finally did it!!!!

Yep.  I finally did it. I packed up to go to the Wednesday group.  You know I cut stars for the accordion folded Christmas tree.  I cut enough to play with and then I planned to cut more for each lady at the meeting.  That way they could match their paper.  I still am learning how to pack for these meetings.  I always think of one more thing I might need.   Well... I packed the Cricut, the electric cord, the extension cord, the cartridge, the key pad, and the book.  Guess what I did not pack.  Yep the mat. Ugh!!!  Jane to the rescue.  She just happened to have her bag that had a mat in it.  Whew!!!  The trees turned out cute.  Can't wait to see some of the finished cards.

Yesterday must have been my day for flubbers.  I try to get handy around the house on occasion.  Which usually ends up with a call to a repairman.  My shower was leaking so I decided to make a trip to Lowe's for a gasket or two.  Came home turned off the water got the handy philips head.  Guess what.  The water was not turned off so when I went to remove the final few pieces the water pressure blew everything off.  So much for lining everything up so I could put it back together again.  Thank goodness James was being a good supervisor.  He placed a towel over the drain so no screws went down the tube.  But boy howdy did I get a good drenching. As I got into the darn thing there were more gaskets than you could imagine.  There were two ovals, two bonnets, a tiny o-ring, and a half dollar size o-ring.  That is the one I decided was causing the leak.  Of course the two sizes I brought home were none of the sizes I needed.  I knew I should have gotten the assorted package. So I flipped the last large o-ring. It took several times to get it back together.  First time the handle would not turn.  Next time I broke the handle.  Oh well, It could stand to be replaced.  Then when I went to shower off.  I had set the pin in wrong and had to figure how to get cooler water.  I'll revisit that when I go to replace the handle.  But there is no leak!!!!

Better get busy doing something creative.  Before I turn into a pumpkin.

Smiles 'til I see you.


No comments:

Blog Archive