Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sweet Memories

How many of us have wonderful women in our lives that can cook those awesome family favorites? A lot of you. But how many of you have actually stood at the elbow of that lady and learned to cook that recipe? I am one of those that did not. I can remember my one Grandmother making the most awesome biscuits. She would even let me make small ones. When she rolled her biscuits they were almost as big as the palm of my hand. Did not learn that special art of knowing the feel of making that dough. Then my other Grandmother always made the chicken 'n dumplins'. She would roll the dough with a smooth drinking glass. Those were the most tender dumplins'. Nope, didn't learn that recipe either. Remember to learn while you can. Don't make those recipes just sweet memories. My Grandmother did not like her picture taken as you can see.




This Saturday is Card Blitz. Class starts at 12:30. I'm not gonna put a stopping time. Hopefully, we will move right along and not be too late.

Better get finished and get home ahead of the storm.

See you at the shop.

No comments:

Blog Archive