Saturday, August 23, 2008

Well we finally received a little bit of weather. I kept hearing those pine limbs fly off the pine tree outside my window. From the looks of our yard we will be pulling the little red wagon around collecting limbs. But thankfully we have not lost a tree. I did see an oak tree down at the entrance to our neighborhood. Coming into town this morning it was a quiet ride not much traffic. When I drove through Hardees to pick up my coffee I did not have to wait in line. That is unusual for a Saturday morning. Looking out the front door of the shop it looks as though traffic is beginning to pick up.

What a trip my little Prissy is. Last night during all the heavy winds she had to go outside. OK. I took her out and urged her to hurry up. Well the little stinker decided to tour the yard. Any other time she just barely steps out the back door. Well here she is taking her time and lifting her head to smell the air as I stand in the rain and wind using everything I know to hustle her up. Finally she decided to fast track back to the house. I remember one hurricane we were riding out down home. I think it was Francis. This storm sat out in the Bahama's for several days before coming on in at Jensen Beach. Well here it is the middle of the night Rhett and I are huddled in our safe spot because the radio weather man said it was time to find that spot. Prissy is out in the next room playing with her toy. Tossing it in the air and barking. I finally got her to come into our safe spot. I'm not sure if she is fearless or just little dingy. No doubt she is my little pip. Right now she is curled in her little pink bed by my chair.

To take some of the rainy day blues away I am having a store wide sale. Everything is 20% off today. So be careful driving and come on down and save some money.

No comments:

Blog Archive